If you’re looking for a way to increase your revenue, an outdoor pizza oven may be the answer. Pizza has become very popular in Spain in recent years, and having an outdoor oven will help your restaurant stand out from the competition. It will allow you to serve delicious pizzas, but it will also attract new customers who are looking for a unique dining experience.
An outdoor oven will also help you save on costs, as you won’t have to rent or buy a separate space for it. Plus, it’s a great way to utilise outdoor space and make the most of your restaurant’s location.
Let’s explore these benefits in more detail:
Benefits of an outdoor pizza oven for your restaurant
1. Increased revenue – An outdoor pizza oven is a great way to increase your sales. People love pizza, and having an outdoor oven will make your restaurant more appealing to potential customers.
2. Authentic pizzas – You’ll be able to make authentic pizzas that taste as they do in Italy, especially with wood fired pizza ovens. This will make your restaurant stand out from the competition and attract pizza lovers from all over.
You can experiment with different toppings and sauces to create unique flavour combinations that your customers will love. Plus, you’ll be able to cook the pizzas to perfection, ensuring that each one is crispy and delicious.
3. Increased Efficiency – Not only will you have happier customers, but you’ll also sell more. That’s because outdoor ovens can cook pizzas much faster than traditional ones, meaning you can serve more customers in a shorter space of time.
A quality oven will have a large cooking surface that can accommodate multiple pizzas. This means that you can cook numerous pizzas in succession and keep them warm until they are ready to be served.
An outdoor oven can also help you to cook pizzas more evenly. Some ranges come with a built-in rotisserie, which can help to cook the pizza evenly on all sides. This is a significant advantage if you are cooking for a large group of people and want to ensure that everyone gets a perfectly cooked pizza.
4. Ambiance – An outdoor oven adds a touch of ambience to your restaurant. There is something special about eating pizza outdoors, surrounded by the sights and sounds of nature, especially true with a wood fired oven.
5. Increased foot traffic – It’s a great way to increase foot traffic to your restaurant. People will be drawn to the oven and may even come inside to check out your other offerings.
6. Unique selling point – It’s a unique selling point that can help your restaurant stand out from the competition, making it more attractive to potential customers and helping you increase your revenue.
How to choose the right outdoor pizza oven for your business
There are a few things to consider when choosing an outdoor pizza oven for your restaurant. First, you’ll need to decide whether you want a gas or wood-fired oven. Gas ovens are more expensive, but they’re also more convenient and easier to use. On the other hand, wood fired ovens give a unique flavour that you can’t get with a gas oven.
Once you’ve decided on the type of pizza oven, you’ll need to choose the right size. Outdoor pizza ovens come in various sizes, so it’s essential to choose one that will fit well in your outdoor space. You’ll also want to consider the number of pizzas you make each night. A small oven will suffice if you’re only making a few pizzas. But if you’re expecting a large crowd, you’ll need a larger range that can accommodate more pizzas.
Finally, you’ll need to decide on the features you want in your outdoor pizza oven. Some outdoor pizza ovens come with cooking racks, while others have storage areas for wood or charcoal. Some ranges come with built-in lighting so that you can cook your pizzas even at night.
No matter what type of outdoor pizza oven you choose, it will be a great addition to your restaurant. With an outdoor pizza oven, you can serve delicious pizzas to your customers and attract new ones who are looking for a unique dining experience.
How to get the most out of your outdoor pizza oven
1. Location is critical – make sure your outdoor pizza oven is easily visible and accessible to potential customers.
2. Use high-quality ingredients – this will help create a delicious product that customers will be willing to pay for.
3. Promote your outdoor oven – let people know that you have one by advertising in local publications online.
4. Create a unique selling point – make your outdoor oven stand out from the competition by offering something different.
5. Offer discounts – give customers an incentive to try your oven by offering discounts or special deals.
By following these tips, you can make your oven a valuable asset to your business. With the proper marketing and pricing strategy, you can significantly increase revenue.
How to Cook Perfect Pizzas Every Time
There are several factors to consider when cooking pizzas, such as the type of flour, the amount of water, the temperature and the cooking time.
One of the most important things to get right is the oven temperature. A wood oven is ideal, as it can reach very high temperatures.
Also, remember that these pizzas will cook quickly. So don’t add too many toppings, or the pizza will be soggy. And make sure the toppings are cut into small pieces to cook evenly. The pizza dough should be rolled out thinly so that it cooks evenly.
Third, the toppings should be placed on the pizza sparingly so that they do not weigh down the dough and prevent it from cooking properly.
When cooked correctly, pizza from an outdoor oven will have a crispy, thin crust and be packed with flavour. So if you’re looking to increase your business revenue, consider investing in an outdoor oven.
You can do more than just pizza!
It will allow you to serve pizzas, but you can also use it for cooking other menu items. Here are some outdoor serving suggestions that will help you make the most of your oven:
-Entrees: cook a variety of entrees, including chicken, fish, and vegetables.
-Sides: in addition to entrees, you can use your oven for cooking sides, like potatoes or bread.
-Desserts: you can also make desserts, like pies and cobblers.
Common outdoor pizza oven mistakes and how to avoid them
1. Not preheating the outdoor pizza oven: The oven should be heated to the correct temperature before cooking the pizza. If it is not preheated, the pizza will not cook evenly and will become doughy.
2. Placing the Pizza on the wrong surface: The Pizza should be placed on a hot surface to cook evenly. If you’re not careful and put the pizza on a cold surface, it will not cook evenly and be doughy.
3. Not using the correct amount of flour: Outdoor pizza ovens should be dusted with flour before cooking the pizza. This will help prevent the pizza from sticking to the surface and help create a crispy crust.
4. Not using the correct type of pizza stone: A pizza stone should be used to cook the pizza evenly. If a different surface is used, it will not cook evenly and will be doughy.
5. Overcrowding the outdoor pizza oven: The oven should not be overcrowded. If there are too many pizzas in the oven, they will not cook evenly and be doughy.
You can avoid common outdoor pizza oven mistakes by following these tips and ensuring that your pizzas are cooked to perfection.
Tempted? Here are a few of our favourites: Gozney, Woody, and Ooni. And if you’re looking to go big, why not get a purpose-built commercial pizza oven – The Stone Bake Oven Company is an excellent place to start.
How to make a perfect pizza dough
1 package of dry yeast
1 teaspoon of sugar
1 and 1/2 cups of lukewarm water
4 cups of all-purpose flour plus more for your work surface
2 tablespoons of olive oil
1 tablespoon of salt
Cornmeal for your baking stone or pizza pan
1) In a large bowl, combine the yeast, sugar and lukewarm water. Stir until the yeast has dissolved and let it sit for 5 minutes.
2) Add 4 cups of flour and stir until the mixture becomes sticky.
3) Add the olive oil and salt to the dough and continue to stir until it is well combined.
4) Knead the dough for about 10 minutes. If the dough is too sticky, add more flour (a little at a time). The dough should be smooth and elastic.
5) Place the dough in a greased bowl, cover it with a damp towel and let it rise in a warm place for about an hour or until it has doubled in size.
6) Once the dough has risen, punch it down and turn it out onto a floured surface.
7) Divide the dough into two balls and let them rest for 10 minutes.
8) Roll out the dough to your desired thickness and shape. Transfer the dough to a cornmeal-dusted baking sheet or pizza pan.
9) Add your favourite toppings and bake for 10-15 minutes. Enjoy!